Pickering Honda is a proud member of the Drive Autogroup dealerships where we strive to make every customer a customer for life by delivering top-notch service.
We are currently looking for an Automotive Technician to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will have a strong mechanical aptitude along with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. The Automotive Technician will be responsible for inspecting and repairing vehicles and reporting progress to Service Advisors. Does this sound like an opportunity you have been looking for? If so, join us for a rewarding career at Acura Pickering and apply today!
- Perform work specified on the repair order with efficiency and in accordance with the dealership
- Test-drive vehicles, and test components and systems, using diagnostic tools and special service equipment
- Diagnosing, maintaining and preparing vehicle automotive systems including engine, transmission, electrical steering, suspension, brakes, air conditioning, etc.
- Communicate directly with the Service Advisor so that customers can be informed if any additional service is needed, and provide an estimate of cost and time needed for additional repairs
- Executing repairs under warranty to manufacturer specifications
- Other duties as required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a Licensed Technician
- Must have 310S certification and Class A Automotive Mechanic’s license
- Strong automotive background
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Must have a valid Ontario driver’s license with a clean abstract
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent time management skills and strong attention to detail
- Must be physically able to lift 50lbs and able to bend, squat, crouch, reach as job requires
- Knowledge and use of power, machine and hand tools
- Ability to effectively communicate automotive issues clearly
We believe our strongest resources are our team and offer the following:
- Competitive Compensation Plan
- Full benefits package including health, dental, LTD, life insurance, vision, etc.
- Positive team environment
- Excellent management support
- Health and wellness initiatives
- Community involvement activities
- Exciting company events
- Employee purchase plans
- And so much more…
We thank you for your interest in Pickering Honda, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Pickering Honda is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.