Lexus of Vaughan is coming soon! We are looking for an experienced automotive Accounting / Payroll Assistant Controller. Apply today if you are someone who is well organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, a team player with a passion for the business. Integrity, decency and professional deportment are key personal traits that are strongly desired.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide support to the controller in properly managing accounting, payroll and reporting functions of the dealership
- Oversee full accounting and payroll cycle processes
- Analyze, reconcile accounts for the monthly and annual closing; identify and correct accounting and payroll inaccuracies and imbalances
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements in compliance with government regulations and manufacturer’s requirements
- Reconcile and submit all government, warranty and insurance remittances
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 3-5 years of accounting and payroll experience within a retail automotive dealership with a thorough knowledge of accounting and payroll practices & procedures
- University Degree or College Diploma in Accounting/Finance/Payroll
- Solid working knowledge of Reynolds & Reynolds and/or CDK
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now payroll is an asset
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and analytical skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Team player with a positive attitude and ability to multitask
- Competitive wages
- Employee training and opportunities for advancement
- Employee Health and Dental Benefits
- Employee discounts on products & services
We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodations for disability during the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
*All candidates must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.