The Zanchin Automotive Group is one of Ontario’s largest automotive groups and is currently looking for a Working Shop Foreman, for their up incoming dealership. The ideal candidate will have 2-4 years of experience, we are looking for an enthusiastic person that’s goal-oriented, driven with a dynamic ability to help teach and promote growth and learning within our dealership.
- Valid Automotive Service Technician Certification of Qualification (Class A).
- Responsible for the day-to-day activities of the service repair department, including hiring/firing, managing, coaching and training of assigned staff.
- Ensure that customer service needs are met and vehicles are repaired correctly.
- Supervise repair procedures and assist Mechanics / Technicians, Apprentices and Service Advisors to resolve difficult repair problems.
- Notify Service Advisors of work delays and additional repair operations required.
- Review all comebacks and initiate measures to avoid repeats.
- Take measures to improve efficiency, such as motivating staff, streamlining flow of work, implementing innovative methods, modifying working conditions, etc.
- Strong aptitude of technical/mechanical repairs.
- Good time management skills.
- Inform the Service Manager regarding absences of Mechanics/Technicians and ensure adequate staffing of department.
- Operate the control tower during absence of the Control Tower Operator.
- Ensure high quality of conduct and workmanship from Technicians and Apprentices.
- Monitor quality control by spot-checking repairs, either in the shop or during road tests.
- Ensure all Technicians and Apprentices are trained to manufacturer requirements and informed of all related manufacturer recalls, technical bulletins, etc.
- Ensure that shop equipment, special tool inventory and shop manuals are complete and in safe operating condition, and report any missing tools, equipment or manuals to the Service Manager immediately.
- Quality and overall productivity of work produced in shop.
- Positive feedback from Service Advisors, customers and Technicians.
- Effective staff management including, training and motivating.
- Consistently high customer service ratings
- High School Diploma.
- Licensed mechanic.
- 5-10 years’ experience in automotive and diagnostic repair.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Zanchin Automotive Group is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodations for disability during the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.