Primary Location: 8277 Lawson Rd, Milton, ON, CA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 211787
This role will work with the Canadian business leaders to oversee and manage Total Rewards initiatives while providing proactive counsel to business leaders and HR Business Partners. The Manager, Total Rewards will oversee the Total Rewards team in the administration and analysis of HR program, and will function as the subject matter expert in the area of Compensation & Benefits. They will also partner with the HRBPs, Payroll and Finance group to ensure that CAC maintains a competitive compensation and benefits program that attracts and retains high quality talent and ensures that the company continues to be a top employer in the automotive service industry.
- Provide subject matter expertise and accurately interpret, counsel, communicate, and educate HRBPs, and leaders on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretations, and job evaluations.
- Manage the Career Framework & Salary Structure including job code maintenance, market analysis, and recommendations for changes to program.
- Manage the annual pay planning cycle including annual system preparation, managing the timeline and communications, testing of changes / updates to the system, ensuring data integrity, reporting and administration while the tool is open for manager recommendations.
- Manage the annual bonus program including quarterly bonus plan audits to ensure correct plans and targets are reflected in HRIS and leading annual bonus plan communication to eligible team members.
- Benefit Plan analysis, recommendations and costing of any plan changes. Oversee administration of benefit plans.
- Ensure audit of benefit plans and billing on a quarterly basis to ensure reconciliation between HRIS reporting and Vendor invoices.
- Responsibility for management of Disability programs (STD / LTD) and partnering with vendor to manage absences and return to work programs.
- Oversee the management & administration of the Group RRSP / DPSP plan and monitor plan membership trends, requests for withdrawals & terminations.
- Responsible for the management and development of a small HR Operational team (1 -2 direct reports).
- Provide guidance to management, employees and the HR organization regarding market trends in total rewards and keep updated on legislation, marketplace changes and advances, making recommendations to ensure competitiveness and compliance.
- Partner with the Manager, Payroll & HRIS to ensure that Ultipro is effectively configured for all necessary total rewards programs and earnings / deductions that are associated with them.
- Responsible for international and financial reporting requirements and working with HR team on various reporting requests and/or regular reporting requirements related to the total rewards function.
- Partner with other members of the HR team in the development, implementation and maintenance of HR policies relating to Total Rewards and compliance with relevant employment standards legislation.
- Oversee participation of Canadian team members in the International Wellness Committee and implementation of International Wellness Strategy
- Manage and/or participate in ad hoc projects as they arise.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Undergraduate degree in Business, HR Management or related degree; CHRP and/or CCP/CEBS designation an asset
- Five to seven years of experience in an HR environment, with at least three years managing and administering compensation and/or benefit plans.
- Advanced analytical skills and Microsoft Office proficiency (Pivot Tables, V-LookUp etc)
- Experience working with HRIS systems to pull information and manipulate data
- In depth knowledge of provincial and federal legislation and employment laws
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to see the bigger picture to ensure collaboration in finding the best solution and continually improve process.
- Professional, demonstrate a high level of integrity, ability to maintain confidentiality and thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Exceptional communication skills, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Bilingual (English / French) an asset but not required
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.