Primary Location: Montreal QC, Montreal, QC, CA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 211706
The HR Business Partner serves as an influential business partner and advising clients in our progressive automotive services business unit. The HR Business Partner plays a key role in developing and implementing the HR strategy and programs in support of short-term and long-term business goals with the overall goal of attracting, retaining, and developing the best talent. The position serves as a consultant to management on human resources related issues. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver on-going valued-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization.
- Develop a strategic partnership with the business or function leader through the alignment with business goals, targets, strategy and competition, financials, market dynamics, levers and issues.
- Contribute to the execution of the business plan through the creation and implementation of HR strategies that attract, develop and retain Team Members.
- Collaborate with and influence senior leaders to prioritize strategic people priorities and solutions that accelerate the achievement of business priorities through talent management, diversity and inclusion, rewards and recognition, and organizational effectiveness.
- Coach and advise Senior Leaders on team effectiveness, team leadership, talent management, and organization effectiveness so they lead the organization to meet established business targets.
- Develop the next generation of People leaders.
- In partnership with the leaders within the client group, design and create the organization that will drive and deliver business success. Proactively assess and challenge the established organization structure of the client unit to drive superior performance.
- Create a culture that enables the business to be successful. Develop and drive the employee engagement strategy. Be the cultural enabler for the business.
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data to solve problems and drive continuous improvement of talent priorities. Be an insight advocate that reviews external data and trends and provides relevant insight back into the business. Creating winning solutions to keep the business ahead of the competition.
- Anticipate and respond to changing business needs within a fast-paced technology environment. Influence lasting change in assigned businesses by serving as a change advocate on companywide strategies and initiatives.
- Serve as a change agent and champion for the rollout of company-wide HR strategies and initiatives that support the success of the organization’s growth and reinforce a collaborative, aligned, and engaged culture.
- Ensure that HR processes are implemented and managed in a consistent, measurable and effective manner.
- Partner with business leaders in the planning and conducting of business meetings, talent reviews, strategic plans, workforce planning, compensation strategy, analysis of HR measures, etc.; ensure HR objectives are shared and delivered in concert with business operating objectives.
- University degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or a related degree.
- Certified HR Designation, such as CHRP or CHRL is an asset.
- Minimum of 7+ years’ experience as an HR Business Partner or in progressive HR disciplines with a strategic focus in the technology sector or equivalent experience
- Experience in navigating a large, heavily matrixed, organization.
- Experience working with, coaching, and influencing senior leaders
- Proven experience in a leadership role in a growing, evolving organization
- Strong HR and business acumen, including problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and self-initiative
- Must have the ability to diagnose a problem and identify and drive appropriate solutions
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.