Here at Cox Automotive we thrive on what makes us different. Our similarities and differences are what inspire greater creativity and innovation. Among our 34,000+ team members across the globe, no two look or think the same and we prefer it that way. We don’t just talk about being diverse and inclusive, we work every day to make that a reality. At Cox Automotive treating everyone with respect is one of our guiding principles, it’s just one of the ways that we work to bring out the best in everyone.
The role of the HR Director is to:
- Provide proactive leadership, direction, and professional expertise in all areas of people management, to the Canadian & Brazil Board in their Geographical area.
- Build relationships with the Canadian Market Board members to understand business priorities, ensuring alignment of People Solutions strategies to local business objectives.
- Act as a key business partner to the Senior Leadership Team to plan, develop, organize, implement, direct, and evaluate the Company’s human resource function and performance (including employment, compensation, benefits, HRIS and employee relations and services).
- Participate in the development of the Company’s strategic business plans and translate the business plan into HR strategic and operational plans, for both short and long-term plans.
- Make recommendations and provide advice as a trusted advisor to the Board and Leadership Team on the full range of people issues.
- Drive the implementation of Global/International People Solutions programmes in Canadian or Brazil Market, to enable higher levels of employee performance and engagement.
- Implement International strategies that enables an inclusive, diverse and equal culture that drives the Company brand to be recognized as an Employer of Choice.
- Supported by data and analytics, provide professional people guidance and support to the Market Board members around value-added initiatives and interventions which can be measured directly or indirectly with the overall aim to enable International to drive high performance, across all Markets
- Lead the in-market People Solutions Team to ensure all People Solutions initiatives and programmes are implemented effectively and aligned with Cox’s International strategy, whilst factoring in local market nuances.
- Inclusive of market oversite to internal communications team for both Canada & Brazil
- Market lead for implementation of Global/International people initiatives that impact organizational growth, strategy implementation, and cultural transformation
The key objectives and deliverables the role will be accountable for:
- Act as a people business partner to the Market Board Leadership Team; providing counsel, developing roadmaps and executing on all people and culture related initiatives for their market
- Drive organizational change by working with Market Board to prioritise and build organizational capabilities, behaviours, structures and processes with overall aim to drive the business forward strategically
- Support the implementation of organizational design in Market, working with OD Consultants and Market leadership teams
- Working with the senior leadership teams in their market, implement people plans, initiatives and programmes that drive the achievement of targets in revenue growth and profitability
- Manage the in-Market roll out of scalable, progressive people programs for the employee lifecycle in line with Cox values, mission and culture
- Drive the embedment of global people initiatives in their Market, scoping localisation requirements where necessary, aligning with the business agenda of market leaders, whilst staying true to spirit of global people initiative
- Manage and develop the in-Market HRBP’s to positively impact the culture of performance, results and employee relations, within their Market area
- Support their in-Market Leaders with forecasting and planning talent pipeline requirements in line with the function, market or business strategy
- Act as the conduit between the Canadian & Brazil and International to ensure that Market variations, implications and nuances are heard and considered
- Is a role model and culture champion with a mindset for influencing behaviours, actions, and ways of working across Cox
- Coaches and develops senior leaders in the Canadian & Brazil Market
Required skills, knowledge and experience:
- University degree, with focus in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or a related degree
- Certified HR Designation, such as CHRP or CHRL is an asset.
- 15+ years’ experience of diverse HR experience with at least 5-7 years at the management level.
- Broad based knowledge of all areas of HR disciplines, inclusive of recruiting, compensation, employee relations, talent management
- Strong skill sets in the following areas: business operations and strategy, oral and written communication,
- Be technically strong with state-of-the-art knowledge of HR practices and progressive environments, bringing the ability to drive the continuous improvement of process and outcomes, leveraging technology and efficient processes
- Must possess a thorough understanding of Federal & Provincial employment practices and regulations
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Coaching, interpersonal dynamics, analytical thinking, problem solving, and change management
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- In-depth knowledge of employment legislation and regulations and HR best practices
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, highly collaborative growth environment
Key skills required to be able to successfully deliver the role:
- Strategic thinking and planning at Market Level
- Business and financial acumen
- Decision making and problem solving
- Operational excellence
- Succession planning
- Talent management
- Change management
- Organizational Development
- Motivating and empowering others
- Communicating effectively
- Results and execution focused
- Influence and impact at all levels
- Stakeholder management
- Internal consultant
- Trusted Advisor
- Data driven decisions
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.