Whitby Subaru, a division of Weins Canada, is currently seeking a Licensed Technician or Apprentice Technician (third year) to join our dynamic team. Weins Canada has built a reputation for success becoming one of the country's largest automotive groups that takes pride in operating 14 dealerships.
- Perform work on repair orders with efficiency and accuracy, while being compliant with the dealership standards.
- Required to inspect and diagnose any malfunctions, or customer’s concerns and perform repairs on vehicles.
- Complete automotive maintenance responsibilities, including oil changes, tire rotations, transmission flushes, air conditioner re-charges, front-end alignments, battery installations and headlight, taillight installations, etc.
- Working alongside the Service Advisors, communicate if additional work is needed or if repairs/work cannot be completed within the given time frame.
- Certify all warranty repairs are completed as stated by the manufacturer and ensure sufficient documentation exists to support the warranty claim.
- Organize with the Parts Department to confirm the availability of parts needed to complete work orders.
- Conducting road tests on vehicles to ensure the quality of repair and guaranteeing vehicles remain clean for customers.
- Staying updated with technical skills and attend sponsored training classes.
- Maintain working environment; ensure equipment durability and workplace safety.
- Required to wear safety equipment and clothing (i.e., safety glasses and footwear).
- Being complied with regulations, such as safety requirements, hazardous waste disposal, Canadian Occupational Health and Safety Regulations and other policies and procedures as required.
- Licensed Automotive Service Technician (310s) and registration with the Ontario College of Trades is an asset
- Previous experience as a Technician is an asset.
- A valid Ontario Class G Drivers’ License is required.
- Highly skilled with technical and mechanical aptitude.
- Strong organizational and time management skills along with attention to detail.
- Competitive pay plan along with a comprehensive benefits plan (with options to suit your needs)
- Tools for success include: ongoing training and management support
- Opportunities for career growth within our organization
- Educational Assistance Program
- Vehicle purchase program
- Employee discounts on products and services
- Steel-toed safety shoe allowance
- Mentorship and development
- Corporate support
- Group RRSP Programs
- 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday
- 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Saturdays (rotating Saturdays)
- Late nights and extended hours on Saturday may be required depending on demand
- Must have own tools
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of our recruitment process as required under AODA. Please advise us in advance if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants for their interest in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Type: Permanent; Full-Time