Weins Canada is currently seeking a highly motivated IT Technician - Tier 2 to join our successful and dynamic team. We are looking for a passionate, results-driven and career-minded individual with attention to detail who takes pride in a job well done. Weins Canada has built a reputation for success becoming one of the country's largest automotive groups that takes pride in operating 14 dealerships. A skills test will be conducted during the technical interview.
- Install or replace new or replacement hardware and software as requested by the IT Manager,
- Assist users either in person, over the phone or by digital communication to assess their technical requirements.
- Create and maintain various user lists, technical documentation and instruction manuals for various products.
- Coordinate installation of hardware, software and maintenance of PC’s and peripherals.
- General support as required by the IT Manager.
- Support and installation of computer systems
- Assist users with hardware and software issues, including the removal of malware and virus.
- Assist IT Manager with planning and reviewing software, hardware and “Near IT” components
- Provide guidance and assistance utilizing strong, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Multi-task and manage a variety of diverse requests, priorities, and activities
- Undertake responsibilities at all of our dealerships.
- Keeping up to date on policies, standards, and industry terminology
- Participating in training sessions to refresh known material and learn new material
- Other duties, projects, etc. as requested by management.
- A diploma in a recognized post-secondary program in computer technology.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience deploying computers and solving PC, network, OS and other technical issues and providing client support in a structured help desk environment (or an equivalent of experience and education).
- A very high degree of proficiency with current versions of Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, Windows Server, firewalls, WiFi infrastructure, and VOIP
- Experience supporting software – including Office Suite, email clients, internet browsers and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience with Layer 3 networking, network security and protocols.
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills, organizational skills and presentation skills.
- Troubleshooting skills with an ability to resolve complex IT issues in a reasonable timeframe.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethics with a proven reliability factor
- A valid Ontario Driver’s License and transportation for offsite work (mileage reimbursement provided)
- Competitive pay plan along with a comprehensive benefits plan (with options to suit your needs)
- Employee benefits (i.e., Group RRSP Plans)
- Tools for success include: ongoing training and management support
- Provide opportunities for career growth within our organization
- Educational Assistance Program
- Vehicle purchase program
- Employee discounts on products and services and so much more!
Accommodations will be provided in all parts of our recruitment process as required under AODA. Please advise us in advance if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants for their interest in advance however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Type: Permanent; Full-Time