Performance Auto Group is currently seeking a Regional HR Business Partner on a 12 month maternity leave contract to join the head office Employee Services team in the Niagara Region and surrounding areas. Reporting directly to the Director of Employee Services, the Regional Business Partner (RBP), is responsible for a range of duties enabling the Employee Services department to deliver best practices and strategic HR solutions that support the business in conjunction with specialist HR functions.
Duties include functions such as, but not limited to: employee relations, company policies, on-boarding/off-boarding, safety, training, regulatory compliance and other HR related programs. The RBP is expected to maximize the effectiveness of Performance Auto Group staff, and ensure activities are well planned, coordinated and directed. The RBP provides HR support to the Director of Employee Services with the development and implementation of HR programs. The RBP will also partner with the Talent Acquisition Team Lead and Group Safety and Accessibility Manager on recruitment and safety related programs and processes.
Part of the Performance Auto Group, a leading automotive group, we are committed to integrity, believe in employee empowerment, passionate about innovating, care about a great guest experience and giving back.
Here’s what you’ll deliver:
- Support the general operations of the Human Resources department.
- Fosters a positive and respectful team environment through mentoring and team development
- Proactively works towards establishing Employee Services as a trusted business partner ensuring HR initiatives, programs and policies are effectively implemented within the lines of the business and are understood by the clients (managers and employees)
- Accountable for high level customer service to achieve positive working relations with dealership leaders and employees
- Oversees the HR ticket system to ensure all tickets are effectively responded to and resolved in a timely manner.
- Oversees and administers employee life cycle changes
- Manages leave of absences including long term disability claims
- Provides advice and education to managers and employees on compliance with company policies as they relate to federal and provincial legislation
- Serves as a resource to managers and provides consultation as they relate to performance management, employee relations including investigations, and progressive discipline matters
- Responsible for the objective conduct of workplace investigations on workplace violations and harassment related complaints involving department managers and employees
- Provides support to the Director of Employee Services on investigations above the department manager level as required (ie. General Manager and above)
- Takes initiative to support the development of Performance Academy and the implementation of HR Training initiatives
- Contributes and supports the development and delivery of new hire orientation program
- Develops and manages the attendance management program
- Supports the benefits administration process, performance management programs, retirement procedures and compensation.
- Educates employees and managers on company policies regarding job duties, working conditions, safety, wages, career advancement opportunities and employee benefits programs.
- Maintain accurate records and compile statistical reports relating to personnel data, e.g. hires, transfers, absenteeism rates, and performance appraisals.
- Advise managers on company policy regarding human rights legislation including the duty to accommodate and the different forms of harassment and discrimination
- Provide resolutions to employee relation issues (e.g. employee complaints and harassment allegations).
- Supports all compensation related activities including pay equity compliance and job evaluation procedures;
- Manages all company job descriptions to ensure they are up to date and compliant in accordance with job evaluation procedures.
- Supports the Director of Employee Services with the effective development, implementation and revision of all HR policies and procedures
- Maintains strong working partnerships with the Payroll, Legal and Finance teams to ensure effective and efficient workflow between departments
- Assists the Director of Employee Services with the development of departmental goals, objectives and systems
- Assists in evaluating decisions and results of the department in relation to established goals.
- Demonstrates utmost professionalism and ethical standards at all times
- Assumes other duties as directed by the Director of Employee Services and other Senior level personnel.
What do you need to succeed?
- University Degree or College Diploma in HR or related field
- CHRP or actively working towards designation
- Strong understanding of automotive dealership operations is highly desirable
- 3-5 years HR generalist experience in a Retail Environment
- Advanced written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate with individuals
- Good Organizational and Problem Solving Skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent time management skills
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and other stakeholders
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Ability to foster a positive and respectful team environment
- Demonstrated ability to train, coach, evaluate, and improve others
- Motivated, energetic, goal-oriented, and positive outlook critical
- Proficiency in cloud based communications platforms, specifically G Suite.
- Excellent at creating high quality presentations using a variety of technologies (e.g. Google Slides, LCD projectors, etc.)
- Ability to think creatively and implement innovative strategies.
- Demonstrated commitment to Health & Safety.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, high pressure work environment while effectively managing competing and changing priorities
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing needs and demands with the willingness to work longer hours as circumstances require
- Ability to take initiative in the development and completion of assigned projects and duties
- Demonstrates utmost professionalism in the performance of duties
- Discretion is mandatory as the role involves access to highly confidential information
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent management support and guidance
- Opportunities through our Internal career development program
- Access to health, dental and vision insurance
- Disability, critical illness and life insurance for the unexpected
- Our Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) for you and your family's wellness
- Discount on vehicles, service and parts for you and your family
- Discounts to retailers and service providers across the country
- Free and engaging employee events
- Did we mention we love giving back to our communities?!
Performance Auto Group is a leading automotive company in Southern Ontario with over 1600 employees, 22 brands and 29 locations in Brampton, Brantford, Bolton, Grimsby, Mississauga, Oakville, Orangeville, St. Catharines and Toronto. Performance Auto Group also includes AutoPlanet Direct, Ontario's largest indoor used car showroom.
We thank all applicants; however only those contacted for an interview will be considered. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from people with special needs. Accommodations will be provided throughout the selection process as requested. For any inquiries please email us.