Grimsby Hyundai is an award-winning dealership that is the one stop shop for all your vehicle's needs. We pride ourselves on our friendly guest service and give that little extra to show how valuable our guests are to us!
Part of the Performance Auto Group, a leading automotive group, we are committed to integrity, believe in employee empowerment, passionate about innovating, care about a great guest experience and giving back.
Grimsby Hyundai is seeking a Body Shop Apprentice to join their exceptional team. The ideal candidate would be an energetic individual with previous experience in prepping vehicles and doing light body work. The candidate will be required to do continuous online learning (provided by the dealership) in accordance with the position. A willingness to earn a certificate in Auto Body Repair is also required.
You have a small town community heart and are driven to succeed in a fast paced work environment. Grimsby Hyundai is an engaging, fun and highly diverse team that works patiently and cohesively together to achieve our team goals. You are an exemplary team player with a strong willingness to learn and develop in the retail automotive industry while showing the care that makes us stand out. We look forward to having you on board!
Here’s what you’ll deliver:
- Assist in removing damaged body parts, including bumpers, fenders, hoods, grilles, and trim.
- Assist in realign car frames and chassis to repair structural damage.
- Assist in hammering out or patch dents, dimples, and other minor body damage.
- Assist with performing service to engine systems such as diagnosing, troubleshooting, verifying and repairing cooling systems, cylinder heads, engine block assemblies and components.
- Assist in diagnosing, troubleshooting and servicing electrical and engine management systems such as boosting/charging batteries, and repairing starting and charging systems and components.
- Ensure that all work performed is thorough, accurate, and completed in a timely fashion.
- Move vehicles around the facility in order to complete the repair process.
- Learn and understand all current and emerging technologies as they apply to automobile service.
- Maintain a high degree of concentration to prevent “comebacks”.
- Ensure that customer vehicles are kept as clean or cleaner than when they arrived, both inside and out.
- Other duties as required by management.
What you need to succeed:
- Grade 12 diploma or GED.
- Proven knowledge and experience with automotive mechanical operations.
- Level 3 apprentice technician working towards 310B license.
- 3-5 years work experience in an automotive dealership.
- Must have valid Class ‘G’ Ontario driver's license and clean drivers abstract.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to perform multiple duties in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Must be team oriented, hardworking with a positive attitude.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn and succeed.
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent management support and guidance
- Opportunities through our Internal career mobility program
- Access to health, dental and vision insurance
- Disability, critical illness and life insurance for the unexpected
- Our Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) for you and your family's wellness
- Discount on vehicles, service and parts for you and your family
- Discounts to retailers and service providers across the country
- Free and engaging employee events
- Did we mention we love giving back to our communities?!
Performance Auto Group is a leading automotive company in Southern Ontario with over 1800 employees, 22 brands and 30 locations in Brampton, Brantford, Bolton, Grimsby, Mississauga, Oakville, Orangeville, St. Catharines and Toronto. Performance Auto Group also includes AutoPlanet Direct, Ontario's largest indoor used car showroom.
Performance Auto Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants may request any accommodation needs required.
No Phone Calls please. We thank all applicants, however only those contacted for an interview will be considered.