Fountain Tire Ltd. is looking for an experienced Accounting Manager to lead our Corporate Accounting department to prepare monthly consolidated financial statements for Fountain Tire Ltd, operating statements for Fountain Tire Place and to assist in the analysis of financial results in order to explain comparative results.
What do we offer?
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision benefits for you and your family including RRSP matching
- Recognition and incentives for your contribution to the organization
- Educational Allowances that support individual growth and development
- Policies and programs that support a balanced lifestyle, including flex days and an easy commute to our office located close to the Calgary Trail and Southside Anthony Henday
- Discounts for you and your family on tires, parts and services at all Fountain Tire locations
Why work for Fountain Tire?
- We are a Platinum Member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies
- We are one of the 10 largest independent tire dealers in North America, and recipient of many Customer Service and Best Business Awards
- We continually strive to expand our operations in existing markets, as well as new markets and currently, we have over 160 stores from BC through Ontario
- As the subject matter expert for all Payroll services, the Payroll Manager will actively manage Fountain Tire's Payroll team in providing comprehensive services to all Fountain Tire operating segments.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide leadership to the Corporate Accounting team through effective performance management, daily mentorship and ensure a continuum of skill development to achieve success.
- Monitor compliance with Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE), company policies, procedures and processes
- Develop and maintain annual resource planning for the corporate accounting team
- Lead special projects and/or cross-functional teams as required
- Participate in all safety initiatives as required or assigned to guarantee safety at Fountain Tire
- Lead the preparation and delivery of accurate and timely monthly financial reporting by ensuring that: ;
- Cut off is accurate, including accrual processes
- Subsidiary records agree to the general ledger
- Intercompany records are reconciled
- The regulatory filing deadlines are met, and
- Other significant balance sheet accounts are reviewed quarterly to identify any material entries required to ensure the reasonableness of the financial statements.
- Supporting Fountain Tire Ltd.’s cash and banking strategy as requested by the Director of Finance, Program
- Deliver complete, accurate and timely monthly comparative Fountain Tire Place operating statements including departmental break down;
- Lead the preparation of quarterly Reports (including Management Discussion and Analysis of Financial results) for presentation to the Audit Committee;
- Manage the preparation of monthly and quarterly compliance documents as required under the Companies Credit Agreement, plus additional compliance reporting as requested.
- Manage the preparation of the corporate income tax returns for Fountain Tire Ltd., including the review of corporate tax returns and year-end tax accruals for all operating entities.
- Deliver audit support as needed both internally and externally;
- Manage all payments to vendors and service providers for the Fountain Tire Group that fall under the cheque run process;
- Actively participate in the design, development and implementation of strong internal control processes to provide timely and accurate financial statements and to ensure assets are adequately safeguarded;
- Regularly assess the effectiveness of all transactional processes by including a monthly summary of issues within the monthly signoff;
- Develop standardized financial analysis reports and conduct ad hoc financial analysis as required to contribute to decision making;
- Lead the annual budget process for Fountain Tire;
- Lead the preparation of the forecast process for Fountain Tire Place;
- Collaborate with other Accounting Managers to complete intra-segment tasks in a timely manner;
- Prepare any required ad-hoc internal and external reporting; and
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance, Program.
- Manage the implementation of new or revised accounting practices, procedures and reporting.
- Develop and manage Fountain Tire Program Online content used by Fountain Tire users by ensuring it is both relevant and accurate
To succeed in this role, the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities include:
- Professional accounting designation;
- 7 years of related experience plus a minimum of 3 years leadership experience, a combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX would be considered a definite asset
- Strong working knowledge of financial statement preparation, ASPE, budgeting and forecasting
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills in order to prioritize competing demands and meet deadlines.
- Analytical skills with an attention to detail in order to research and resolve issues.
- Strong computer and reporting skills with an advanced proficiency in MS Excel and Word.
- Demonstrated initiative in recognizing efficiencies and implementing process improvement initiatives.
- Proven ability to both lead and work within a team environment
- Ability to continually challenge the status quo with respect to business processes and operating results.
If interested in this fantastic opportunity please apply online!