Fountain Tire’s Information Technology team is looking for a permanent full-time Support Desk Analyst to provide multi-channel support, share knowledge and best practices as well as restore service operations. As this is a Support Desk position it does not have to be located in Edmonton and could be anywhere in Canada however our Head Office is located in South Edmonton.
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision benefits for you and your family including RRSP matching
- Recognition and incentives for your contribution to the organization
- Educational Allowances that support individual growth and development
- Policies and programs that support a balanced lifestyle, including flex days and an easy commute to our office located close to the Calgary Trail and Southside Anthony Henday
- Discounts for you and your family on tires, parts and services at all Fountain Tire locations
Why Fountain Tire?
- We are a Platinum Member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies
- We are one of the 10 largest independent tire dealers in North America, and recipient of many Customer Service and Best Business Awards
- We continually strive to expand our operations in existing markets, as well as new markets and currently, we have over 160 stores from BC through Ontario
- Provide direct support through phone calls, email, chats and in person
- Log Incidents for every support contact and capture accurate and thorough notes on each case
- During the course of troubleshooting, utilize support systems, remote control tools and technical or functional knowledge to resolve customer issues
- Troubleshoot and provide technical support on numerous desktop and custom applications; including hardware/software troubleshooting and configuration
- Follow logical question practices with users to clarify issues and help determine root cause
- Diagnose and resolve basic network/internet related problems.
- Monitor network outages and work with ISPs to create trouble tickets
- Create, modify and use knowledge articles to speed customer resolutions and provide consistent and reliable support services
- Complete ongoing training to stay current on new technologies and grow a career path
- Work with Tier 2 and Tier 3s to capture and document issue details that will help speed problem resolution
- Handle move/add/change requests for FT users
- Share knowledge and best practices with peers to help ensure the Support Desk team provides consistent and reliable support services
- Provide basic support for printers and other office equipment
- To avoid service interruptions, some work may include: off shift, weekend work and on-call services after normal business hours. Will carry cell phone to facilitate intra-department communications both during and after normal business hours.
- Other duties as required to provide assistance to Desktop Support and Computer Operations
- Implement and maintain service management strategies that align with the ITIL framework
- Follow all defined IS Methods (i.e. Change Management, KT Problem Analysis)
- Keep current with relevant industry news, trends and best practices
- Performance standards will be measured against the Support Desk performance matrix
- Travel may be required to complete projects
The necessary experience, knowledge, skills and abilities required in the role:
- Technical certifications or a Diploma in Computer Science and 3 to 5 years experience in a Support Analyst role; a combination of education and experience may be considered
- Extensive proven technical abilities, including logical troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- A high degree of customer focus and good attention to detail
- Knowledge of current hardware, software and networking systems, sufficient for resolving issues
- A strong belief and understanding of being a team player in an enterprise environment.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain attention to detail
- Time management and organizational skills
- Preferred experience: Microsoft Office products, Windows OS, Microsoft Dynamics AX
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply on-line. In office resumes will be accepted by reception only.