Gyro Group of Companies is currently seeking an experienced Delivery Specialist to join our Gyro family.
We are a family-owned business, and for this reason we are able to offer our customers a personalized experience that is all about communication and building trust.
We are fortunate to share a unique environment here at Gyro with a dedicated, highly skilled workforce that has a proven foundation built on three virtues: Humble, Hungry and People Smarts.
The candidate we are looking for is a team player, customer driven, reliable, organized, and professional. Automotive knowledge is preferred but not a must. Gyro has an exciting, but challenging work environment. We offer aggressive pay plans, benefits and a rewarding career path. Join a growing organization with a dynamic atmosphere, where opportunity for advancement awaits.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates delivery times with the customer (meets and greets if available at the time of initial sale or calls/emails customer to introduce themselves and their role
- Coordinates with the business office to compete licensing
- Writes ROs and coordinates with the service, parts and clean up department. (Order accessories when deal is turned over to her to ensure parts are in stock when vehicle arrives). Let customers know before delivery if accessories are not going to be available at the time of delivery.
- Create “WE OWE” document when accessories or and deficiencies are outstanding at the time of sale.
- Fill out warranty books
- Sign off on sales documents with customer
- Prepares sold vehicles for customer delivery prior to customer arrival; arranges the handover of vehicles
- Required to complete the Vehicle Delivery Checklist before delivering a vehicle
- Delivers vehicles to customers; acquaints each customer with the working of the vehicle, ensuring that the customer understands the vehicle's operating features, warranty and paperwork
- Takes responsibility of introducing customers to the service team specialists and assists customers in scheduling the first maintenance appointment, emphasizing the quality and efficiency of service repairs and maintenance available in the dealership's Service Department
- Follows up on all post-delivery items, tag/title work, "we-owes" and special requests to be sure that all customer expectations are met
- Minimum 2 years of experience in customer service in required.
- Previous experience as a Delivery Coordinator considered an asset.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Customer oriented.
- Ability to drive a manual/standard transmission is an asset.
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask.
- Valid Ontario Class ‘G’ Driver’s License with a clean driver’s abstract.
- Availability on evening and weekends.
PHYSICAL AND WORK DEMANDS:
- Walking about the dealership and lots
- Bending, stretching, lifting, climbing and reaching
- Standing six to eight hours during a shift
- Using physical and manual dexterity
- Using computers to look up and enter data
- Using equipment consistent with industry standards
- Driving a vehicle Work
- Frequently outside - all seasons
Job Type: Full-time/Contract
Salary: $30,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
Benfits offered after 6 months