Barrie Subaru, a division of Weins Canada is currently seeking an Automotive Licensed Technician/Mechanic to join our dynamic team. Weins Canada has built a reputation for success becoming one of the country's largest automotive groups that takes pride in operating 14 dealerships.
- Competitive pay plan along with a comprehensive benefits plan (with options to suit your needs)
- Tools for success include: ongoing training and management support
- Opportunities for career growth within our organization
- Educational Assistance Program
- Vehicle Purchase Program
- Employee discounts on products and services
- Steel-toed safety shoe allowance
- Mentorship and development
- Corporate support
- Group RRSP Programs
- Perform work on repair orders with efficiency and accuracy, while being compliant with the dealership standards.
- Inspect vehicles, diagnose, perform required maintenance and / or repairs to vehicles including but not limited to: oil changes, tire rotations, transmission flushes, air conditioner re-charges, front-end alignments, battery installations and headlight, taillight installations, etc.
- Working alongside the Service Advisors and / or Management, communicate if additional work is needed or if repairs/work cannot be completed within the given time frame.
- Certify all warranty repairs are completed as stated by the manufacturer and ensure sufficient documentation exists to support the warranty claim.
- Communicate with the Parts Department to confirm the availability of parts needed to complete work orders.
- Conduct road test on vehicles to ensure the quality of repair and completion of all work as required
- Complete any required training to ensure maintenance of technical skills (including but not limited to: sponsored training classes offered by manufacturer, company etc.
- Maintain working environment; ensure equipment is properly maintained and ensure workplace safety.
- Required to wear safety equipment and clothing (i.e., safety glasses and footwear).
- Comply with all policies, processes and procedures – including but not limited to all Manufacturer, Company and legislated acts and regulations (such as safety requirements, hazardous waste disposal, Canadian Occupational Health and Safety Regulations, Motor Vehicle Dealers Act, etc.)
- Licensed Automotive Service Technician (310S) along with current registration with the Ontario College of Trades.
- ODPC License (or ability to obtain)
- Previous experience as a Technician is an asset.
- A valid Ontario Class G Drivers’ License is required.
- Highly skilled with technical and mechanical aptitude.
- Strong organizational and time management skills along with attention to detail.
We thank all applicants for their interest in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of our recruitment process as required under AODA. Please advise us in advance if you require accommodation.