The Head of Physical & Digital Automotive Marketplace Canada, will lead Manheim Canada & Ready Logistics Businesses. This role will join the Cox Automotive Canada leadership team to shape the future of the organization. In alignment with Cox Automotive’s International strategy, of leading and aligning physical and online wholesale exchanges and inventory support platforms, this role will be integral in driving business critical change, resulting in the creation of a higher performing and sustainable business for Cox Automotive Canada Business.
As the remarketing market leader, expectation is that this role will lead the organization’s business strategy to identify opportunities, maximize market return, meet customer expectations in the market and develop our talent pool. More specifically, expectation is to lead/work with the Manheim Canada & Ready Logistics Leadership team to meet (or exceed) the markets’ revenues and market share targets while overseeing the overall operations the businesses both physically and digitally, across the country. Measures of success for this position include market revenue, business development, margin, customer satisfaction measures, market share, growth in sales transactions, etc. This individual serves as the primary liaison between the needs of the operating location and support resources.
Reporting directly to the President for Cox Automotive Canada (CAC), this is a key strategic leadership role, with functional and leadership accountability for both operational and strategic objectives within the Manheim & Ready Logistics business.
Market Share Strategy & Sales
- Create strategy for growing market share.
- Drive growth of market share in an evolving industry, through targeted sales efforts and the development of a robust digital and physical strategy.
- Establish business productivity and increase new and existing revenue opportunities across each business area.
- Maximize the market return, setting and accomplishing revenue, growth, and profitability targets
- Identify trends and potential operational issues that may hinder the ability to perform as planned; immediately initiate corrective actions to resolve gaps and rectify potential market problems.
- Utilize matrix support resources to maximize performance and deliver targeted results.
- Set and manage pricing strategy for the market by establishing national pricing framework.
- Evaluate overall market capacity utilization and customer mix.
- Prepare, implement and monitor annual budget to determine effectiveness of budget plan; review all financials to determine that budget is within guidelines, monitor profits and efficiency through cash flow performance.
- Drive the leaders of each operation to achieve commercial profitability and ability to leverage business opportunities for future growth, development and sustainability.
- Cultivate customer relationships, which includes focusing on customer needs, whether inside or outside of the market.
- Use analytical tools and market data to evaluate options and execute decisions based upon a clear understanding of market dynamics, market/customer segmentation and customer activity, behaviour and needs.
- Drive operational excellence by ensuring operating locations consistently meet or exceed Manheim standards as they relate to customer satisfaction.
- Lead a customer-centric approach in proposition development, where sales, service and client experience is a continued focus across all parts of the Manheim business and considers the wider Cox Automotive opportunity
Employee Engagement / Leadership
- Provide direct and overall management and leadership of General Managers and Leaders, within market and to provide direction to in-market sales activities, to specifically include customer growth and sales conversion rates
- Provide matrix leadership for market shared services support functions
- Establish performance metrics/expectations for General Managers and hold them accountable for results
- Foster open communication with management, and clearly communicate importance of team’s vision, objectives and priorities
- Seek and share information and use appropriate influence strategies to enhance and sustain employee engagement
- Be an agent and advocate for change. Lead and develop a culture of continuous improvement across the business
Stakeholder Management (Internal & External)
- Diversify and build alliances to further align with other businesses
- Lead the strategy for the Manheim business through collective collaboration, strong leadership, and engaging and supporting key stakeholders (within the business areas, across the group, across CAC Brands and externally)
- Work collaboratively with leadership team and the wider Cox Automotive executive leadership team to ensure the highest level of performance, governance, integrity, and service quality is effectively managed.
- University degree in Business Management, Finance Administration or a related degree
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in progressive senior Leadership roles required, ideally inclusive of 5+ years’ experience with operational and people management experience, undertaking these tasks with at least two other organizations preferred.
- Extensive experience in a leadership role including experience of managing and developing multi-site, remote and multi-disciplinary leadership teams.
- Strong leadership capability to deliver successful business performance through others.
- Proven stakeholder management capability with the ability to negotiate, influence and effectively stakeholder engage at the most senior levels.
- Experience of embedding both strategic and operational change and managing multiple projects and programs which are complex in nature or have a high organizational impact.
- Commercial and financial business acumen with experience in sales and in growing both revenue and profit.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving.
- Experience of leading and supporting others through change and an understanding of the employee /team member change journey.
- Leading matrix organizational structure and senior leadership teams to improve performance, and embed people driven initiatives, ensuring the operation is fully engaged and delivers the business objectives.
- Outstanding leadership abilities, able to engage at all levels across the business.
- Ambitious and driven individual, who brings the capability & headroom to grow beyond this role.
- 35% travel, primarily local, regional or national
- Language: English required, French language an asset
- Technical Skills: Well versed in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), Sales Systems
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.