As the leading floor planning company in the world for independent dealers, the Head of Automotive Dealer Floorplanning will oversee and direct the expansion of NextGear Capital Canada (NGCC) operations. The incumbent will have responsibility for participating in the development of strategic initiatives that drives and support NextGear Canada goals in alignment with Cox Automotive’s International Region strategy. This role will participate in the execution of these goals by leading the Canada team to meet achieve, deliver and execute on key objectives for this business. Reporting to the President of Cox Automotive Canada, this role provides strategic oversight of the daily operations and management of the business as the industry's leading comprehensive provider of lending products through providing flexible lines of credit for dealers.
This is a key strategic leadership role, with functional and leadership accountability for both operational and strategic objectives within the NextGear Capital Canada business.
Strategy & Sales
- As the leader, expectation is that you lead and create the organization’s business strategy to identify growth opportunities within the market, maximize market return, meet customer expectations in the market and develop our talent pool
- Focus specifically on working with the Leadership team to meet (or exceed) the markets’ revenues and market share targets while overseeing the overall operations of the noted businesses across the country.
- Measures of success for this position include increasing market revenue, business development, margin, customer satisfaction measures, market share, growth in sales transactions, etc.
- Partner with other business leaders to prioritize across units and ensure operations is operating in the best interests of the business
- Responsibilities include working across the organization to create, approve and ensure execution on the entire go-to-market plan for floor plan products and services building strong partnerships with existing customers, winning new customers, and scaling the business
- Serves as the primary liaison between the needs of the operating location and support resources
- Drive growth of market share in an evolving industry, through targeted sales efforts and the use of robust tools and digital strategy
- Establish business productivity and increase new and existing revenue opportunities across each business area
- Provide strategic guidance and leadership with NGCC internal departments such as Operations, Risk and Recovery department to ensure high customer service levels
- Coach, mentor and lead a team and support engagement strategies that align to the company’s strategy of engagement
- Work collaboratively with the team and the wider Cox Automotive executive leadership team to ensure the highest level of performance, governance, integrity, and service quality is provided and effectively managed.
- Oversee customer satisfaction and ensure we are delivering the optimal customer experience
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships within the automotive and automotive remarketing industry
Employee Engagement / Leadership
- Provide direct and overall management and leadership of Leaders, within NGCC by providing direction to in-market sales activities and to specifically include customer growth
- Provide matrix leadership for market shared services support functions
- Establish performance metrics/expectations for business leaders and hold them accountable for results
- Foster open communication with management, and clearly communicate importance of team’s vision, objectives and priorities
- Seek and share information and use appropriate influence strategies to enhance and sustain employee engagement
- Be an agent and advocate for change. Lead and develop a culture of continuous improvement across the business
- Work collaboratively with leadership team and the wider Cox Automotive executive leadership team to ensure the highest level of performance, governance, integrity, and service quality is effectively managed
- University degree in Business Management, Finance Administration or a related degree
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in progressive senior Leadership roles required, ideally inclusive of 5+ years’ experience with operational and people management experience, undertaking these tasks with at least two other organizations preferred
- Automobile industry knowledge from Canada an asset
- Ability to put together a business plan for recommendations to the business
- Experienced in and developing strategic planning and project management experience a must
- Strong leadership capability to deliver successful business performance through others
- Proven stakeholder management capability with the ability to negotiate, influence and effectively stakeholder engage at the most senior levels
- Experience of embedding both strategic and operational change and managing multiple projects and programs which are complex in nature or have a high organizational impact.
- Experience of leading and supporting others through change and an understanding of the employee /team member change journey
- Demonstrated experience in matrix organizational structure required
- Outstanding leadership abilities, able to engage at all levels across the business
- Ambitious and driven individual, who brings the capability & headroom to grow beyond this role
- 35% travel, primarily local, regional or national
- Language: English required, French language an asset
- Technical Skills: Well versed in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), Sales Systems
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.