The Country Security Manager is responsible for leading the physical security operations and criminal risk mitigation for CAI locations across the Canadian facilities and its corresponding footprint with multiple operating locations. These locations include across Canada and Brazil. Reporting to the Chief People Office, Canada, the Country Security Manager will work in conjunction with corporate office and Manheim Auctions site General Managers to evaluate and support Cox Automotive Business Units and locations to mitigate criminal risks to the overall Cox Automotive footprint. The Country Security Manager will also coordinate responses with the support of Cox Enterprise Security resources as appropriate for vendor support, security structure and technical support and guidance.
- Manages and consults a team of leaders and/or professionals, by providing coaching, performance planning, and regular assessment of security related matters
- Oversees security operations to ensure a secure working environment is set up, as it relates to workplace safety and Business Continuity Planning (BCP)
- Oversees and strategically aligns various security elements and contractor resources necessary to reduce liabilities by providing standardization and consistency in application of approved policies and procedures as well as maintains and manages the application of security, intrusion, closed-circuit television (CCTV), access control systems specifically for Manheim Canada facilities within the area of responsibility. To include data analysis of criminal loss history and incidents.
- Influences business continuity plans for the area of responsibility in the event of natural disasters, crisis intervention, or other catastrophic incidents resulting in facility evacuation or closure.
- Oversees internal/external security programs and investigations and assists HR, security vendors, auction management, legal and law enforcement.
- Establishes and maintains law enforcement cooperation with municipal, provincial and federal law enforcement organizations in Canada and the law enforcement entities as needed outside of Canada. Acts as a liaison between Cox Automotive corporate facilities and Manheim Canada, and law enforcement as it relates to all theft activities, auto fraud and applicable crimes.
- Oversees the design and construction of all building security systems, controls for intrusion, and access control systems for Manheim Canada buildings in the region. Partners with local integrators and Cox Enterprise Security to ensure consistency in application.
- Networks with industry resources to ensure the area of responsibility is fully informed around security while maintaining seats on professional security and related boards and councils as applicable.
- Establishes regional operating and capital budgets, prepares forecasts, and assures operating costs remain within approved budget.
- Develops, manages and provides oversite of the national guarding vendor company enterprise program at all operating locations in their assigned security area.
- Conduct any and all security and criminal investigations in coordination with the security vendor, auction management, human resources, legal, law enforcement and corporate security.
- Oversee the incident database provided by the security vendor as it relates to The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA") and/or the relevant data privacy act as it relates to the specific provincial act for the jurisdiction or venue to ensure compliance.
- Provide monthly report of criminal and security activities to the CEI Security Management team.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree preferred
- 7+ years of experience required in related field (i.e. Business, Security, law enforcement, etc.)
- 3-5+ years of experience required if candidate possesses a related degree
- Excellent leadership, coaching, mentoring, multi-tasking, organizational, project management, follow through, detail oriented, analytical problem solving, decision-making, customer relations, interpersonal, relationship building.
- Experienced in conducting presentations and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout the organization and external contacts.
- Strong oral, written and organizational skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office products and Web/HTML
- Proven self-starter, who requires minimal supervision.
- Requires leadership, teamwork, adaptability and problem-solving skills.
- Travel: 30% travel, primarily local, regional or national
Language: English required, French language an asset
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.