Primary Location: 8277 Lawson Rd, Milton, ON, CA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 206290
This role will be responsible for functioning as a HR & Payroll Analyst, including the administration and analysis of various HR programs providing benefits and perks to CAC team members. They will also partner with the Finance group to provide them with relevant reporting and reconciliation of HR related GL accounts.
Additionally, this role will administer and process payroll for all full time and part time employees as part of the bi-weekly payroll. This includes troubleshooting and correcting errors that appear on auditing reports, submitting a direct deposit file to the bank, and assisting with the processing of Statutory Remittances and GL processing.
HR ANALYST RESPONSIBILITIES:
- HR Reporting including maintenance and submission of OrgVue reporting, quarterly bonus plan audits (quarterly), creation and distribution of Finance related reporting
- Reconciliation of HR benefit related GL accounts (benefits, workers compensation) and preparation of journal entry reports for tax payments.
- Benefit Plan analysis and costing of plan changes.
- Job Code maintenance and GL mapping in Ultipro
- Assist with Comp@Cox administration, act as a resource during the administration of the annual cycle, participate in testing of functional changes within the application
- Responsible for the administration of the Company Car Program
- Respond to first line Ultipro security issues (password resets / troubleshooting)
- Subject matter expert on Ultipro UTA, providing resolution and troubleshooting as necessary
- Back-up for Associate HRBP (HR Operations responsibilities)
- Key responsibility is to process payroll administration. Inclusive of entering, verifying and processing of payroll transactions to ensure accurate and timely remuneration of wages
- Ensure errors are rectified before advancing through the payroll process steps
- Follow up with Managers and HR Business Partners, as necessary regarding incomplete and/or inaccurate paperwork
- Ensure compliance with provincial labour laws regarding payments, termination, etc.
- Timely and accurate generation of ROEs and other related government documentation
- Generating of reports for payment of Payroll Taxes, Workers compensation, Family Support and third-party Garnishments.
- Collaborate with all stakeholders (Human Resources, Finance, internal management team, payroll provider) and build a payroll process that is efficient, effective, and compliant
- Keep up-to-date on payroll legislations for all jurisdictions
- Build and generate payroll reports and any other ad hoc reporting as requested
- Manage taxable benefits and payroll deductions
- Assist Payroll Manager the preparation of the GL files
- College or University degree an asset; CHRP and/or PCP designation an asset
- Minimum of 3 years multi-jurisdictional HR Administration/Analyst experience along with experience with processing full cycle payroll on an in-house HRIS, Payroll and Time and Attendance system (UltiPro an asset).
- Advanced Microsoft Office proficiency (Pivot Tables, V-LookUp etc)
- Thorough and current knowledge of Revenue Canada regulations pertaining to payroll.
- Knowledge and experience with accounting principles and General Ledger distributions preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication and developed interpersonal and organizational skills are essential
- Professional, able to maintain confidentiality and thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Demonstrate high level of integrity and compliance with CRA and provincial legislation in performing the Payroll function
- Exceptional communication skills, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Bilingual (English / French) an asset but not required
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.