Primary Location: 2700 Matheson Blvd E, Mississauga, ON, CA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 205615
This is a 6 Month Contract
This is Bilingual French role – all applicants must be fully bilingual
The Advertising & Social Media Strategist will play an important role in developing and implementing digital advertising solutions and strategies that create exceptional client experiences and generate increased lead potential. This role will leverage on expertise, analytics and research to implement strategies that connect digital consumers with dealership websites in an effort to drive greater leads for client digital marketing initiatives while leveraging all digital advertising and social channels.
10%: Onboarding and Implementation
- Develop professional digital advertising and social media recommendations for prospective and acquired clients based on multiple factors including but not limited to: merchandise, keywords, geography, demographic, competitive analysis, budget and more
- Ensure timely implementation of advertising and social media campaigns that launch in tandem with website deliverable
70%: Advertising/Social Media Strategy & Client Retention
- Devise digital advertising strategy and social media strategy for customers that are designed to maximize client leads
- Proactively maintain and upkeep client advertising and social media campaigns, performing audit of client accounts on monthly basis to ensure maximized spend and reduced CPL while ensuring timely posting of activities on various social media channels
- Proactively monitor client accounts to ensure that there are no quality assurance issues
- Proactively evaluate and determine budget changes to client advertising campaigns and paid social media ensuring that budget is allocated to areas where impressions and CTR are driving most value
- Proactively review all digital advertising channels and social media channels for client to determine which channel is bringing forth greatest lead potential and reducing CPL while maximizing CTR
- Proactively perform QA of client advertising and social media campaigns monthly keeping management abreast of challenges and updates
- Proactively define and educate client on opportunities where budget allocation will provide maximized ROI to client business
- Keep abreast of the most current best-practice digital advertising strategies (including social media) and changes to various search engine algorithms
- Work in tandem with SEO analyst and interdepartmental resources to generate greater quality score and ensure alignment of digital marketing strategy
10%: Monthly Performance Audit & Reporting
- Actively contact dealerships via phone and email to arrange performance evaluations and ensure client satisfaction of social media strategy and spend
- Actively perform QA of digital advertising campaigns monthly
- Ensure quality of all social media posts utilizing best practices to generate and drive organic traffic
- Work directly with digital solution sales representatives to identify prospects and develop market specific strategies for clients
- Utilize Salesforce as the tool or record to capture all dealer sales calls, information and opportunities
- Utilize internal proprietary data to increase client ROI
- Collaborate with other sales teams and leaders across Cox Automotive businesses
- Participation in industry conferences for industry partners
Additional duties as assigned
- +5 years of Account Management or professional client relevant experience, preferably in automotive, media or media sales/support OR dealership experience and a strong interest in digital advertisement.
- BA or BS in relevant field, or an equivalent combination of experience and training
- Possess certifications in Google AdWords, Bing Ads, Facebook and Google Analytics
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital products and applications, including SEO/SEM, media, etc.
- Minimum 5-year experience with digital advertising (Search, Display and Video)
- Minimum 5-year experience actively developing, monitoring and managing client social media and online reputation management
- Solid understanding of merchandising and e-commerce strategies for online advertising
- Knowledge of website analytic tools i.e. Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Social platforms
- Previous experience presenting/selling solutions to clients
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS and broad website concepts
- Strong analytical skills and data driven thinking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be collaborative, friendly, creative, entrepreneurial and passionate about the automotive industry with respect to e-commerce & technology.
- Able to travel for training purposes (if needed)
- Language: English and French are required,
- Technical Skills: Well versed in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), Sales Systems, Salesforce, Google Ads, Bing Ads, Facebook, Instagram, Paid Social Advertising and Google Analytics
- Language: Bilingual, English and French required (verbal and written)
- Travel: Qualified candidate must be able to travel to the United States of America for up to 4 weeks of in-person training at the start of employment
- Technical Skills: Well versed in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), Salesforce, solid understanding of website implementation, quality assurance and digital marketing best practices, must possess current certifications in Google Ads, Bing Ads, Facebook Advertising, Paid Social Advertising and Advanced Google Analytics
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.