The Zanchin group is currently looking for a General Sales Manager to join their growing team.
The ideal candidate will have but not a must experience within Automotive Retail Sales and the successful candidate must demonstrate commitment to a great customer experience with the capability of assisting in the day to day operations. The candidate will also be goal driven with a desire to thrive in a sales environment.
- Responsible for the effective operation of the New and Pre-Owned Vehicle Departments.
- Establish department objectives and pursue them through planning, organizing, controlling and measuring performance.
- Prepare and manage annual operating budget for the New and Pre-Owned Vehicle Departments.
- Work with General Manager in forecasting controllable expense items for the New and Pre-Owned Vehicle Departments.
- Comprehend, keep current and comply with laws that affect new and pre-owned vehicle sales.
- Aid in the development of advertising campaigns and other promotions, and monitor their effectiveness.
- Hire, educate, motivate, guide and evaluate performance of new and pre-owned vehicle sales staff.
- Direct salespeople in setting their objectives on a short- and long-range basis.
- Communicate dealership policies and procedures to new and pre-owned vehicle salespeople to ensure they understand, follow and abide by dealership practices.
- Direct and schedule activities of department staff; conduct daily and weekly sales training sessions.
- Ensure all salespeople possess a valid driver’s license and are licensed according to government regulations (OMVIC).
- Monitor efforts of salespeople to improve image and customer satisfaction ratings of dealership.
- Assist salespeople in closing deals, when appropriate and/or necessary.
- Follow-up with customers by mail and/or telephone throughout the life of the vehicle to achieve high customer retention level.
- Organize duties with the business office to ensure proper maintenance of all records and analyses.
- Follow all company and manufacturer policies, directives, procedures and business practices.
- Perform any other duties as required and or assigned by management.
- Gross profit achievement.
- Expected sales volume and closing ratio.
- Expense control.
- Effective employee management, including hiring, training and motivating…including performance management, discipline/corrective action and safety.
- Dependable customer retention statistics.
- Consistently high customer service ratings.
We offer competitive compensation, employee group benefits, discounts on products/service and the opportunity to grow with our expanding Auto Group!
*All candidates must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted