Our booming dealership needs someone with at least 3-5 years of experience running efficient parts departments. Excellent pay and benefits are just the beginning. The opportunities for advancement and enrichment are almost limitless for a motivated, detail-oriented parts manager. And the time to act is now! Don’t put your career on hold for another minute. Contact us today and let’s get the ball rolling.
- Ensure optimum level and security of parts inventory and anticipates parts needs based on new and prevalent models.
- Prepare and manage an annual operating budget for the Parts Department, and is accountable for overall profitability of the department.
- Responsible for forecasting, inventory control, purchasing, pricing, merchandising, displaying, security, and advertising for the Parts Department.
- Set goals and objectives for the Parts Department.
- Coordinate with the Service Manager and the Body Shop Manager to ensure the availability of parts.
- Comprehend, keep current and comply with laws that affect parts sales.
- Ensure accurate costing and crediting for all received and returned parts.
- Hire, educate, motivate, guide and evaluate performance of parts department staff.
- Direct and schedule activities of department staff.
- Conduct daily and weekly training sessions.
- Oversee work of personnel to enhance image and customer satisfaction of dealership.
- Maintain parts inventory by coordinating with the manufacturer on required parts, creating effective procedures to monitor both parts inventory and data input into the computer system.
- Maximize the use of factory stock orders and factory return privileges to reduce parts inventory over specified number of months.
- Maintain inventory of failed parts for warranty claims audit purposes.
- Negotiate pricing with vendors to obtain parts.
- Oversee and/or perform parts inventory counts.
- Conduct inventory reconciliation.
- Follow all company and manufacturer policies, directives and procedures.
- Ensure staff compliance with required health and safety regulations.
- Perform any other duties as required.
- 3-5 years’ experience in the Parts Department, previous warehouse experience, an asset.
- Familiarity with automotive parts volkswagen experience is considered an asset.
- Valid Driver's license and a clean driving abstract
- Computer Literacy, knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
Employee benefits package and employee discounts on products & services. If you feel you have what it takes to join our team then apply today!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Zanchin Automotive Group is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodations for disability during the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
*All candidates must be eligible to work in Canada.