Performance Collision is currently seeking an Auto Body Apprentice to join our dynamic team in St. Catharines. The successful candidate will assist in examining and performing vehicle collision and body damage repair (on both new and used vehicles) as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards.
- Assist in removing damaged body parts, including bumpers, fenders, hoods, grilles, and trim.
- Assist in realign car frames and chassis to repair structural damage.
- Assist in hammering out or patch dents, dimples, and other minor body damage.
- Assist with performing service to engine systems such as diagnosing, troubleshooting, verifying and repairing cooling systems, cylinder heads, engine block assemblies and components.
- Assist in diagnosing, troubleshooting and servicing electrical and engine management systems such as boosting/charging batteries, and repairing starting and charging systems and components.
- Ensure that all work performed is thorough, accurate, and completed in a timely fashion.
- Move vehicles around facility in order to complete the repair process.
- Learn and understand all current and emerging technologies as they apply to automobile service.
- Maintain a high degree of concentration to prevent “comebacks”.
- Ensure that customer vehicles are kept as clean or cleaner than when they arrived, both inside and out.
- Other duties as required by management.
- Grade 12 diploma or GED.
- Currently registered with Ontario College of Trades.
- Proven knowledge and experience with automotive mechanical operations.
- Level 1 or higher Apprentice Service Technician.
- Minimum 2 years work experience in an automotive dealership.
- Must have valid Class ‘G’ Ontario driver's license and clean drivers abstract.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to perform multiple duties in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Must be team oriented, hardworking with a positive attitude.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn and succeed.
Performance Collision Offers:
- Excellent management support.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance after 3 months.
- Endless opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
Performance Auto Group is a leading automotive company in Southern Ontario with over 1800 employees, 23 brands and 32 locations in Brampton, Brantford, Bolton, Grimsby, Mississauga, Oakville, Orangeville, St. Catharines and Toronto. Performance Auto Group also includes AutoPlanet Direct, Ontario's largest indoor used car showroom.
Performance Auto Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Performance Auto Group welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations will be provided during all parts of the selection process if requested.
No Phone Calls please. We thank all applicants, however only those contacted for an interview will be considered.