Our company is currently seeking an experienced Junior Payroll Specialist to join our very busy team. This position requires travel between sites up to 5% of the time in Southern Ontario. The Junior Payroll Specialist will report to the Group Payroll Manager and will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of payroll preparation and processing duties pertaining to the company's payroll process. The position is based in Brampton.
Essential Job Tasks:
- Bi-Weekly payroll data entry for 30+ locations in 2 different geographic regions (2 regional payroll cycles off-set).
- Audit and reconcile a wide range of payroll transactions.
- Process bi-weekly commissions.
- Process monthly bonuses.
- Set up new hires in ADP.
- Prepare and analyze reports.
- Assist with bi-weekly time and attendance reports.
- Provide superior customer service to employees with questions relating to their pay.
- Ensure Termination process in payroll system and confirm ROE has been issued in a timely manner to Service Canada.
- Perform monthly reconciliations.
- Perform Year End payroll duties.
- Must be able to take initiative and be able to perform independently and as a teamplayer.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management
- At least 6 months of full-cycle payroll processing experience in a high volume 1000+ required.
- PCP designation in progress or achieved.
- ADP Payroll Experience strongly desired
- Experience with Reporting in ADP an asset
- Experience with Time and Attendance systems preferred
- Strong Excel with Vlookup
- Knowledge of Payroll legislation and statutory requirements.
- Accuracy and attention to detail of a high calibre.
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Sound computing skills required
- Must exercise full discretion and confidentiality with information in an ethical and professional manner.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Motor vehicle required.
Performance Auto Group Offers:
- Endless opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
- Optional Health & Dental Benefits after 3 months.
- Excellent Management support.
Performance Auto Group is a leading automotive company in Southern Ontario with over 1800 employees, 23 brands and 32 locations in Brampton, Brantford, Bolton, Grimsby, Mississauga, Oakville, Orangeville, St. Catharines, Bowmanville and Toronto. Performance Auto Group also includes AutoPlanet Direct, Ontario's largest indoor used car showroom.
No Phone Calls please. We thank all applicants, however only those contacted for an interview will be considered. Performance Auto Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Performance Auto Group welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations will be provided during all parts of the selection process if requested.