Subaru of Brampton is currently looking for a Licensed Automotive Technician 310S to join our busy, high volume and dynamic Service team. What’s in it for you? We’re offering a signing bonus of up to $5000! Plus an annual Tool and Boot Allowance included!
The successful candidate will be passionate about automotive repair, have their 310s certification, and a team player!They will be responsible for inspecting and diagnosing problems, providing repairs and maintenance to all types of new and used vehicles, and seen as a point of support and leadership for Apprentice Technicians.
If employment and excellent earning potential in one of the best regions Ontario has to offer with one of Ontario’s leading and fastest growing Automotive groups. A group representing over 32 locations, and many of which are top performers, interests you. Apply Now!
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Project a positive attitude for the benefit of our customers and our junior employees.
- Retrieve repair orders from dispatch on a timely basis.
- Obtain parts from the Parts Department as required.
- Use repair order punch clock appropriately, (i.e. punch onto specific line when starting task, and punch off when task is complete).
- Road test vehicles as required.
- Address all customer concerns using the Three C’s method – Complaint, Cause, Correction.
- Examine all vehicles to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Prepare a complete report on the back of the repair order.
- Estimate flat rate times for each recommendation. Use supplied flat-rate manuals and the Employer policies as a guide.
- Obtain parts prices and note availability for each recommendation.
- Perform all work as outlined on the front of the repair order and as authorized on the back, with efficiency and accuracy, and in accordance with company and factory standards.
- Order all parts when authorization is received, unless specifically told otherwise. Indicate on the RO that you have done so.
- Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or insurance, or if requested by the customer.
- Road-test vehicles after service any time a wheel is removed, or any time a repair that might affect drivability is performed (i.e. tune-up, valve adjustment, brake work, suspension work, rattle/noise repair, etc.). Straight oil changes or transmission fluid changes are excluded.
- Ensure that all work performed is thorough, accurate, and completed in a timely fashion.
- Work effectively without supervision.
- Supervise work of all apprentice technicians or students; report immediately any deficiencies to the Service Manager.
- Attend factory-sponsored training classes as scheduled by management.
- Attend dealer-specified training courses as scheduled by management.
- Keep abreast of all factory technical bulletins.
- Learn and understand all current and emerging technologies as they apply to automobile service.
- Maintain a high degree of concentration to prevent “comebacks”.
- Ensure that customer cars are kept as clean or cleaner than when they arrived, both inside and out.
- Keep shop area neat and clean at all times.
- Other duties as required by management.
Skills and Qualifications
- Grade 12 diploma or GED.
- Automotive Service Technician, fully licensed (310S or higher).
- Proven knowledge and experience with automotive mechanical operations preferred.
- Must be team oriented with a positive attitude.
- Work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be reliable and able to work productively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- Possess a valid Class ‘G’ Ontario driver's license and clean drivers abstract.
- Has a neat appearance, good judgment, and mature attitude.
- Personable, reliable, courteous.
- Works well in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrate willingness to learn and succeed.
- Must be team oriented, reliable and hardworking with a positive attitude.
- Excellent diagnostic and electrical skills.
Subaru of Brampton:
- Comprehensive training provided.
- Group Health & Dental benefits.
- Endless opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
- Excellent Earning Potential Through Customized Flat Rate Compensation Systems
Performance Auto Group is a leading automotive company in Southern Ontario with over 1800 employees, 23 brands and 32 locations in Brampton, Brantford, Bolton, Grimsby, Mississauga, Oakville, Orangeville, St. Catharines and Toronto. Performance Auto Group also includes AutoPlanet Direct, Ontario's largest indoor used car showroom.
No Phone Calls please. We thank all applicants, however only those contacted for an interview will be considered.
Performance Auto Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Performance Auto Group welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations will be provided during all parts of the selection process if requested.