Kia of Brampton is currently seeking a highly motivated Licensed Automotive Technician with a proven track record to join their dynamic team! The successful candidate will be passionate about automotive repair, have their 310s certification, and a team player! They will be responsible for inspecting and diagnosing problems, providing repairs and maintenance to all types of new and used vehicles, and seen as a point of support and leadership for Apprentice Technicians.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Retrieve repair orders from dispatch on a timely basis.
- Address all customer concerns using the Three C’s method – Complaint, Cause, Correction.
- Examine all vehicles to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Prepare a complete report on the back of the repair order.
- Obtain parts prices and note availability for each recommendation.
- Perform all work as outlined on the front of the repair order and as authorized on the back, with efficiency and accuracy, and in accordance with company and factory standards.
- Order all parts when authorization is received, unless specifically told otherwise. Indicate on the RO that you have done so.
- Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or insurance, or if requested by the customer.
- Road-test vehicles after service any time a wheel is removed, or any time a repair that might affect drivability is performed (i.e. tune-up, valve adjustment, brake work, suspension work, rattle/noise repair, etc.). Straight oil changes or transmission fluid changes are excluded.
- Ensure that all work performed is thorough, accurate, and completed in a timely fashion.
- Work effectively without supervision.
- Supervise work of all apprentice technicians or students; report immediately any deficiencies to the Service Manager.
- Keep abreast of all factory technical bulletins.
- Learn and understand all current and emerging technologies as they apply to automobile service.
- Maintain a high degree of concentration to prevent “comebacks”.
- Ensure that customer cars are kept as clean or cleaner than when they arrived, both inside and out.
- Understand and follow federal, provincial, and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes.
- Work in strict compliance with the Laws of the Province of Ontario and Canada including, but not limited to, the Employment Standards Act (ESA) and the Accessibilities for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
- Understand and comply with all federal, provincial and local regulations that affect service operations, such as the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), waste disposal regulations, etc.
- Other duties as required by management.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Grade 12 diploma or GED.
- Automotive Service Technician, fully licensed (310S or higher).
- Minimum 2 years related experience.
- Proven knowledge and experience with automotive mechanical operations.
- Must be team oriented with a positive attitude.
- Work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be reliable and able to work productively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to read and comprehends instructions and information.
- Possesses valid driver's license and a good driving record.
- Has a neat appearance, good judgment, and mature attitude.
- Personable, reliable, courteous.
- Works well in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrate willingness to learn and succeed.
- Must be team oriented, reliable and hardworking with a positive attitude.
- Excellent diagnostic and electrical skills.
- Read, understand, and adhere to all rules, regulations and procedures as required by the Employer.
- Obey the laws at all times, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), and the Highway Traffic Act.
- Must have valid Class ‘G’ Ontario driver's license and clean drivers abstract.
Kia of Brampton offers:
- Great management support.
- Comprehensive training provided.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance after 3 months.
Performance Auto Group is a leading automotive company in Southern Ontario with over 1800 employees, 23 brands and 32 locations in Brampton, Brantford, Bolton, Grimsby, Mississauga, Oakville, Orangeville, St. Catharines and Toronto. Performance Auto Group also includes AutoPlanet Direct, Ontario's largest indoor used car showroom. Performance Auto Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants may request any accommodation needs required.
No Phone Calls please. We thank all applicants, however only those contacted for an interview will be considered.